Monday, April 25, 2016

God can do it again

Early August 2010 I took the four loads of wet laundry to the laundromat some time at night. Our dryer was dead. I folded and stacked the laundry one at a time back in the baskets. After putting it all away I went to bed. Waking up the next morning my back would not straighten without excruciating pain. Somewhere near the bottom of my back something was out of wack. 

I took so many painkillers that my insides started to pour blood. After fourteen days the doctors took cat scans. They could see nothing wrong and surmise it must be arthritis. In which case I will have to learn to live with it. The painkillers they gave me, made my brain useless. I stopped using it during the day and only took it at night. I kept working through all this.  For thirty days I cried through the night and grind my teeth through the days.

 Last Sunday in August I went to a country church. A person got up and ask for prayer for a bad back. While the pastor prayed I said inside of me:" Lord, if he opens it up for anyone I k o  It's for me." Sure enough the pastor asked if anyone else needs a miracle in their back. My hand shot up. He called me.to the front. A couple of ladies started to cry and wanted to pray for me. They laid hands on me and said a simple prayer. I bend down but did not feel any different. 

The next morning I woke up for the first time in thirty days with no pain in my back. It has been pain free ever since. I do laundry carry heavy buckets of mail around, pick up my grandkids and still my back is fine.

God Is still in the miracle bussiness. 

No comments: